2015 USPS Rate Increase
In light of the Postal Regulatory Commissionâ€˜s (PRC) approval of proposed rate increase for competitive products, USPS has proposed a service rate increase for 2015 starting on April 26th. The following list outlines the majority of services that will be affected:
- Parcel Select will increase on average 8.0% for non-Lightweight Parcel Select
- Parcel Return Service will have an overall price increase of 4.8% (increase will be determined by where parcel is retrieved)
- First-Class Package Service will increase 5.1% with no structural changes
- Standard Post will increase 11.4%. Prices in Zones 1-4 continue to align with retail Priority Mail prices and receive Priority Mail service and only default to Standard Post if item is not permitted to travel by air
- Priority Mail International (PMI) overall increase will be 5.5% and Canada pricing will be zoned
NOTE: PMI Flat Rate, Retail, Commercial Base, and Commercial Plus price categories will be maintained, except for the establishment of new zoned prices based on origin ZIP Code for PMI destined to Canada.
- Priority Mail Express International (PMEI) overall increase will be 6.7%
- Global Express Guaranteed overall increase will be 7.2%
NOTE: GXG Retail, Commercial Base, and Commercial Plus price categories will be maintained.
- International Priority Airmail (IPA) and International Surface Air Lift (ISAL) will increase by 4.5%
- Airmail M-Bags will increase by 6.8%
- First-Class Package International Service overall increase will be 7.2%
NOTE: FCPIS Retail, Commercial Base and Commercial Plus price categories will be maintained
If you are a current Shipwire customer rest assured knowing that our logistics platform addresses the USPS Rate Increase proposal and selects the cheapest carrier for your deliveries out of our fulfillment centers.
For more information: